The Gentleness of Rhinos
When comes to the most gentle giants in Leofoo Resort Guanshi, you can never forget the sleepy Huo and Coo. We initiate the experiencing course of “Rhino Keeper” that combines education and entertainment. In the course, we will follow the footsteps of animal keepers to the home of white rhinoceros. They seem strong and fierce, but actually possess a sharp heart along with their ears that can rotate to lock down the source of sounds. In the process, the keeper will establish a trustful and friendly relationship with them in a most stylish manner, allowing the participants interact with them in close distance by encouraging them, touching their scalemaillike skin, brushing their back, and feeding and observing them.
1. Time: 1 session everyday (13:00 to 14:00) for 60 minutes
2. Number: 8 people at maximum. Guests who purchase accommodation project are the priority. Onsite guest can only participate with extra fees if the quota is not full.
3. Location: Leofoo Resort Guanshi Keeper’s Corner and Indoor Rhino Shelter
4. Prices: Original price 1,899 NTD; for extra fees of onsite guests, please refer to the announcement from Activity Department.
5. Age limit: 4 years old or over recommended
1. 1st Stage of Indoor Course “Keeper’s Corner”:
In the Keeper’s Corner, the keeper will introduce the understanding course of “Know the Rhinos” by combining education and entertainment to let the participants understand the physical traits as well as consuming and living habitats of rhinos. For example, rhinos have three things that are great: great size, great strength, and great appetite. The thickest part of their skin lies on their back; their sensitive ears can turn 170 degrees to the front or the back. Here, you can know more about the amazing kingdom of rhinos.
2. 2nd Stage of Outdoor Course “Visiting Rhinos”:
Guided by the keeper, participants in gears (mask, gloves, and rain boots) will enter the “Home of Rhinos”. Their shelter shall be designed exclusively to meet their size and living habitats. During the visit, the keepers will guide the participants to think: what will their home be? Do they live in places just like that of humans? The clear instruction and actual operation of shelter gate switch will allow the participants understand the design and functional ingenuity in rhinos’ shelter.
3. 3rd Stage of Outdoor Course “Make Friends with Rhinos”:
Under the guidance of the keepers, everyone can personally operate the shelter gate and knock on tubes to guide them entering the chute. At this point, participants can interact with the rhinos in close distance, measure their weight, touch their skin, brush their back, and take a shot. Finally, in the process of positive animal training, participants can give them awards by feeding them, observe their unique way of eating, and understand how the keepers and veterinaries do the health check for them.
4. 4th Stage of Indoor Course “Importance of Animal Conservation”:
In the animal classroom, the professional keepers can lead the participants to touching rhino horn specimen as well as further understand the currently emergency status of rhinos, making efforts in animal conservation. Finally, participants will receive a certificate of completion, gaining the unforgettable memory.